Playback issues, codecs, video players &c.

Subtitle Trouble

Subtitle Trouble

Postby tsubasa67 » 31 Jan 2012, 19:52

I seem to have a bit of a problem with the Sailor Stars season. I know from before that there were special subtitles used in it (not the normal yellow subtitles that seem to be the default) that were different colours to show what character was talking. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed horribly, so I lost it and the media players I had on there for playing shows.
So I've finally got round to getting it again, only for it to seem that the special subtitles have been replaced with the default yellow one. This isn't a huge problem, and I can live with just watching with the normal subtitles if there's no other way, but I really liked the Sailor Moon Center special subtitles (it made the show a lot easier to watch and understand) and would like to be able to play the episodes with them on. I'm not quite sure why they aren't showing, although I could chalk it up to the media player I'm using for it. Typically I use DivX, and the default media player for Windows. The normal yellow ones show up on DivX, but no subtitles show up on the default player.
So is there any way to make it so the special subtitles show up again, by maybe getting a new media player or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tsubasa67
Star seed 星の種
Random anime fan

Re: Subtitle Trouble

Postby AwakeningSunshine » 31 Jan 2012, 20:32

download CPCC and use Media Player Classic, which is included in CPCC
♂ + ♀
♂ + ♂
♀ + ♀
Love is love
Peace and love, y'allz
AwakeningSunshine
Senshi 戰士
Fangirl

Postby tsubasa67 » 31 Jan 2012, 22:28

AwakeningSunshine wrote:download CPCC and use Media Player Classic, which is included in CPCC

Every time I google CPCC, I come up with websites for some Canadian college. What does CPCC stand for in this case, so I can google it right?
tsubasa67
Star seed 星の種
Random anime fan

Postby NHK » 31 Jan 2012, 23:16

AwakeningSunshine meant the COMBINED COMMUNITY CODEC PACK (CCCP). It's available on sailormooncenter.net in Video Playback section^^. I also recommend you to use K-LITE MEGA CODEC PACK, another awesome codec pack to play almost video formats. Goodluck!
NHK
Non-Senshi 非戰士
Tuxedo Mask

Postby tsubasa67 » 01 Feb 2012, 00:07

Alright, I can now play the season in Media Player Classic and get the good subtitles to show! :D Thank you very much for your help! I just have a little issue with DivX now that might have been influenced by the Codec Pack thing. I can't seem to get it to play the Stars season any more, but it seems to be able to play what other shows I have fine, so its nothing too troubling. Again, thank you for all the help!
tsubasa67
Star seed 星の種
Random anime fan

Postby NHK » 01 Feb 2012, 03:57

Glad that you solved the problem^^
NHK
Non-Senshi 非戰士
Tuxedo Mask

Postby jessex1990 » 04 Feb 2012, 23:26

tsubasa67 wrote:Alright, I can now play the season in Media Player Classic and get the good subtitles to show! :D Thank you very much for your help! I just have a little issue with DivX now that might have been influenced by the Codec Pack thing. I can't seem to get it to play the Stars season any more, but it seems to be able to play what other shows I have fine, so its nothing too troubling. Again, thank you for all the help!

you should have uninstalled standalone divx as CCCP installs a new copy of it
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby tsubasa67 » 07 Feb 2012, 20:21

jessex1990 wrote:
tsubasa67 wrote:Alright, I can now play the season in Media Player Classic and get the good subtitles to show! :D Thank you very much for your help! I just have a little issue with DivX now that might have been influenced by the Codec Pack thing. I can't seem to get it to play the Stars season any more, but it seems to be able to play what other shows I have fine, so its nothing too troubling. Again, thank you for all the help!

Will it affect my computer badly if I don't?
tsubasa67
Star seed 星の種
Random anime fan

Postby jessex1990 » 09 Feb 2012, 22:49

tsubasa67 wrote:
jessex1990 wrote:

Will it affect my computer badly if I don't?

nope not really it just might have a little trouble with some divxs every now and again in the divx player but using media player classic should resolve all issues
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby steph1004_1010 » 28 Feb 2013, 05:27

Okay. This is my first time posting here on the forum. I'm currently downloading [SMC] Sailor Moon Stars 167-200. Does this already come with subtitles? Am not really sure as this is my first time here. You know, it would be a frustration if it turned out it doesn't have subtitles in it after I have downloaded this hefty file. Another question is, I can just use VLC Media Player instead of this Windows Classic Media Player, right? I hope I can get reply ASAP. :D Thank you!
steph1004_1010
Star seed 星の種
novice

Return to General help