Playback issues, codecs, video players &c.

Having Problems With Subtitles

Having Problems With Subtitles

Postby MoonCake » 10 Mar 2012, 05:28

I Am New To Bittorrent And Everything. I Have Downloaded All Seasons Of Sailor Moon, Then Downloaded VLC player to watch them on my computer, that worked fine, but when i tried putting them onto a USB Hard Disk I ripped one episode to the disk to test the quality, yes it plays on my television but..the subtitles are missing? I have also tried this by uploading one episode to youtube and again.. no subtitles?

Does somebody know how to fix this problem i am having? i really want to watch the episodes on my TV, i would be very greatful if someone could help me! :D
MoonCake
Star seed 星の種
Moonie

Re: Having Problems With Subtitles

Postby NHK » 10 Mar 2012, 08:15

The subtitles are attached to the videos. That means they are separated from the videos (softsub). If you want styled subs made by SMC appear in the videos, you have to encode it to make it hardsubbed. Then you rip to the disk. Otherwise, if you satisfy with non-styled subs, just create idx/sub files and put them along with the videos you will see the subs. Good luck. P/S: If I've said something wrong, please forgive and let me know the problems^^!
NHK
Non-Senshi 非戰士
Tuxedo Mask

Postby MoonCake » 10 Mar 2012, 09:58

NHK wrote:The subtitles are attached to the videos. That means they are separated from the videos (softsub). If you want styled subs made by SMC appear in the videos, you have to encode it to make it hardsubbed. Then you rip to the disk. Otherwise, if you satisfy with non-styled subs, just create idx/sub files and put them along with the videos you will see the subs. Good luck. P/S: If I've said something wrong, please forgive and let me know the problems^^!

Thankyou i think i will try that! ;)
MoonCake
Star seed 星の種
Moonie

Postby NHK » 11 Mar 2012, 23:28

You can take a look at this to know more: www.subtitlecreator.sourceforge.net/Add ... s2aDVD.htm . Btw, I recommend you not to use VLC Media Player. It's not stable; many people experienced errors after using it. For example, it sometimes makes the video look blurry, blocked and interlaced; the subs don't show properly; etc. Media Player Classic is the best for playing videos. Of course you will have to install a codec pack to play videos.
NHK
Non-Senshi 非戰士
Tuxedo Mask

Postby MoonCake » 18 Mar 2012, 11:52

NHK wrote:You can take a look at this to know more: http://www.subtitlecreator.sourceforge. ... s2aDVD.htm . Btw, I recommend you not to use VLC Media Player. It's not stable; many people experienced errors after using it. For example, it sometimes makes the video look blurry, blocked and interlaced; the subs don't show properly; etc. Media Player Classic is the best for playing videos. Of course you will have to install a codec pack to play videos.

i have watched a whole season of sailor moon on VLC and haven't had these pixelated blurs like some people have experienced.. dont know why but i have been using it and it has been fine for me..
MoonCake
Star seed 星の種
Moonie

Return to General help