Playback issues, codecs, video players &c.

Sailor Moon S Invalid file message on LG TV

Sailor Moon S Invalid file message on LG TV

Postby BBally » 25 Aug 2012, 03:58

I've been downloading the anime series so I can watch it on my HD LG TV, Season 1 and R work fine but the episode 90-95 file of SMS gives me an invalid message when I hook my portable harddisk to my TV, I tried converting from MKV to AVI on FormatFactory, which I used to hardsub season 1 and R and it has CCCP codec but it still gives me that message and it works fine on my computer. What can I do? :?:
BBally
Star seed 星の種

Re: Sailor Moon S Invalid file message on LG TV

Postby KAKERU » 25 Aug 2012, 13:36

BBally wrote:I've been downloading the anime series so I can watch it on my HD LG TV, Season 1 and R work fine but the episode 90-95 file of SMS gives me an invalid message when I hook my portable harddisk to my TV, I tried converting from MKV to AVI on FormatFactory, which I used to hardsub season 1 and R and it has CCCP codec but it still gives me that message and it works fine on my computer. What can I do? :?:

Not sure.. Buy why re-encode to AVI? You are even more quality by re-encoding it. You could just connect your PC or Laptop to your TV via HDMI and it'll save you a lot of time.
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Postby BBally » 25 Aug 2012, 18:08

KAKERU wrote:
BBally wrote:I've been downloading the anime series so I can watch it on my HD LG TV, Season 1 and R work fine but the episode 90-95 file of SMS gives me an invalid message when I hook my portable harddisk to my TV, I tried converting from MKV to AVI on FormatFactory, which I used to hardsub season 1 and R and it has CCCP codec but it still gives me that message and it works fine on my computer. What can I do? :?:

Not sure.. Buy why re-encode to AVI? You are even more quality by re-encoding it. You could just connect your PC or Laptop to your TV via HDMI and it'll save you a lot of time.

I convert to AVI so that the soft subs would show, it's easier to just connect on the USB port than bringing my laptop and putting in a place where the cats might step on it plus the videos tend to lag on my laptop a bit. Also my laptop turns off everytime I disconnect it from battery charger (it doesn't charge properly for some reason)
BBally
Star seed 星の種

Postby KAKERU » 30 Aug 2012, 21:30

I meant to say you are losing even more quality by re-encoding it... Sorry...
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Postby BBally » 01 Sep 2012, 19:28

KAKERU wrote:I meant to say you are losing even more quality by re-encoding it... Sorry...

The quality looks fine to me when I convert to AVI using Format Factory.

It's just strange the R2 DVD episodes of SM and SMR work fine on my LG TV but the R2 DVD episodes of SMS give an invalid file message. Was S fansubbed with a different program than season 1 and R?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I found the solution using mkvmerge
BBally
Star seed 星の種

Return to General help