Playback issues, codecs, video players &c.

DShirgy.ttc file?

DShirgy.ttc file?

Postby BBally » 21 Sep 2012, 10:40

I didn't know where to put this, I'm downloading the Sailor Stars torrent pack and I noticed 2 files called DShirgy4.ttc and DShirgy8.ttc, what are they for?
BBally
Star seed 星の種

Re: DShirgy.ttc file?

Postby KAKERU » 25 Oct 2012, 12:35

BBally wrote:I didn't know where to put this, I'm downloading the Sailor Stars torrent pack and I noticed 2 files called DShirgy4.ttc and DShirgy8.ttc, what are they for?

So you can view the dialogue style of the song in ep 200. I forgot to mux in those fonts in mkvmerge. So, install those fonts in your fonts folder :)
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Re: DShirgy.ttc file?

Postby aphirst » 25 Dec 2013, 10:49

Apologies in advance for bumping an old thread, but hear me out.

@KAKERU
I can't say I'm intimately familiar with the way in which ASS subtitles request fonts; but would I be able to, for instance, remux episode 200 using mkvmerge and simply add those 2 font files, and end up with the correct behaviour during the song? Or would I have to do something somewhat more involved? (modifying the subtitle file itself or something)

I'm only really asking because I watched the episode in my video player (mpv) with verbose output on, but didn't see any messages pertaining to it looking for those DShirgy fonts, so I wasn't even convinced that the video was requesting them. I hadn't put the font files in my font directories, they're just still currently in the same folder as the videos.

EDIT: It seems that in the release I have, the DShirgy files are actually already embedded into the file. I take it then that I don't actually need to do anything. I did think that it _seemed_ fine already, I was just worried there was something _extra_ that wasn't appearing...
aphirst
Star seed 星の種

Return to General help