Playback issues, codecs, video players &c.

Sailor Moon HD

Sailor Moon HD

Postby Silver_Star » 12 Dec 2012, 14:16

Lately Ive been seeing some amazing HD quaility Sailor Moon clips on YouTube.

I love SMC here with all my heart but the seasons of Sailor Moon I've gotten from here dont see to be that HD quaility.

Did I download them wrong or something?

Are the torrents available HD quaility?

How can I get all 5 seasons, 3 films, all credit less openings and endings and the specials of SM in HD?


Thank you.
User avatar
Silver_Star
Star seed 星の種
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 01:37

Re: Sailor Moon HD

Postby ChibiBoi » 13 Dec 2012, 03:41

Silver_Star wrote:Lately Ive been seeing some amazing HD quaility Sailor Moon clips on YouTube.

I love SMC here with all my heart but the seasons of Sailor Moon I've gotten from here dont see to be that HD quaility.

Did I download them wrong or something?

Are the torrents available HD quaility?

How can I get all 5 seasons, 3 films, all credit less openings and endings and the specials of SM in HD?


Thank you.

Literally ALL the clips you see on YouTube are from SMC (other people download them and upload them) so you probably have either an old version of SMC's releases, or you didn't download the R2 versions. Can you give me some examples of the filenames of the releases you have? It's easiest for me to recognize which version of SMC's encodes you have, based off the filenames.

Also, Sailor Moon was never released in HD, the 720p versions you see on YouTube are probably taken from SMC's releases, but upscaled to 1280x720, it's not real HD.
User avatar
ChibiBoi
Star seed 星の種
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Feb 2005, 17:54

Re: Sailor Moon HD

Postby Silver_Star » 13 Dec 2012, 16:17

ChibiBoi wrote:
Silver_Star wrote:Lately Ive been seeing some amazing HD quaility Sailor Moon clips on YouTube.

I love SMC here with all my heart but the seasons of Sailor Moon I've gotten from here dont see to be that HD quaility.

Did I download them wrong or something?

Are the torrents available HD quaility?

How can I get all 5 seasons, 3 films, all credit less openings and endings and the specials of SM in HD?


Thank you.

Literally ALL the clips you see on YouTube are from SMC (other people download them and upload them) so you probably have either an old version of SMC's releases, or you didn't download the R2 versions. Can you give me some examples of the filenames of the releases you have? It's easiest for me to recognize which version of SMC's encodes you have, based off the filenames.

Also, Sailor Moon was never released in HD, the 720p versions you see on YouTube are probably taken from SMC's releases, but upscaled to 1280x720, it's not real HD.


Thank you very much for the reply! ^_^
I did my best to make sure I ONLY downloaded the R2s in the torrents but perhaps i did a miss up. I even retried downloading the first some on here to see maybe when I converted the file form MKV to another type it changed the quality of the clip but it still only stayed 320x240.

Ok hopefully just the name from the first episode of each season will be enough help?! If not let me know:

Seasons (320x240)
[SMC] Sailor Moon 01v2(R2 DVD.H264.AAC)[D6083B86]
[SMC] Sailor Moon R 47(R2 DVD.H264.AAC)[A4314AAB]
[SMC] Sailor Moon S 90(R2 DVD.H264.AAC)[9BFB7582]
[SMC] Sailor Moon SuperS 128 (R2 DVD.H264.AC3) [F2B03E00]
[SMC] Sailor Moon Stars 167v2 R2 DVD(H264.AC3)[2F033D3C]

Movies (320x170)
[SMC] Sailor Moon R The Movie R2 DVD (H264.AC3)[68A6CC04]
[SMC] Sailor Moon S The Movie R2 DVD(H264.AC3)[7870FF9D]
[SMC] Sailor Moon SuperS The Movie R2 DVD(H264.AC3)[56FEEB41]

Here is a link to an example of what I was talking about. (To be more specific and hopefully help)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnGHmtkThxE
User avatar
Silver_Star
Star seed 星の種
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 01:37

Re: Sailor Moon HD

Postby ChibiBoi » 13 Dec 2012, 19:50

Silver_Star wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:
Silver_Star wrote:Lately Ive been seeing some amazing HD quaility Sailor Moon clips on YouTube.

I love SMC here with all my heart but the seasons of Sailor Moon I've gotten from here dont see to be that HD quaility.

Did I download them wrong or something?

Are the torrents available HD quaility?

How can I get all 5 seasons, 3 films, all credit less openings and endings and the specials of SM in HD?


Thank you.

Literally ALL the clips you see on YouTube are from SMC (other people download them and upload them) so you probably have either an old version of SMC's releases, or you didn't download the R2 versions. Can you give me some examples of the filenames of the releases you have? It's easiest for me to recognize which version of SMC's encodes you have, based off the filenames.

Also, Sailor Moon was never released in HD, the 720p versions you see on YouTube are probably taken from SMC's releases, but upscaled to 1280x720, it's not real HD.


Thank you very much for the reply! ^_^
I did my best to make sure I ONLY downloaded the R2s in the torrents but perhaps i did a miss up. I even retried downloading the first some on here to see maybe when I converted the file form MKV to another type it changed the quality of the clip but it still only stayed 320x240.

Ok hopefully just the name from the first episode of each season will be enough help?! If not let me know:

Seasons (320x240)
[SMC] Sailor Moon 01v2(R2 DVD.H264.AAC)[D6083B86]
[SMC] Sailor Moon R 47(R2 DVD.H264.AAC)[A4314AAB]
[SMC] Sailor Moon S 90(R2 DVD.H264.AAC)[9BFB7582]
[SMC] Sailor Moon SuperS 128 (R2 DVD.H264.AC3) [F2B03E00]
[SMC] Sailor Moon Stars 167v2 R2 DVD(H264.AC3)[2F033D3C]

Movies (320x170)
[SMC] Sailor Moon R The Movie R2 DVD (H264.AC3)[68A6CC04]
[SMC] Sailor Moon S The Movie R2 DVD(H264.AC3)[7870FF9D]
[SMC] Sailor Moon SuperS The Movie R2 DVD(H264.AC3)[56FEEB41]

Here is a link to an example of what I was talking about. (To be more specific and hopefully help)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnGHmtkThxE

You downloaded the correct files, but they're definitely not supposed to be 320x240, the videos are actually encoded at 640x480. I think there's something wrong with your video player. Check your settings, or re-install :)
User avatar
ChibiBoi
Star seed 星の種
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Feb 2005, 17:54

Re: Sailor Moon HD

Postby KAKERU » 16 Dec 2012, 23:27

Like ChibiBoi said, Sailor Moon does not exists in HD. Our files are either 640x480 or 720x540. The "HD" files on youtube are just upscaled, and I also tend to do that for our streamed videos, but it's not real high definition. Check your video player so you can properly view our releases in it's proper resolution.
User avatar
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding
 
Posts: 315
Joined: 24 Oct 2004, 01:25

Re: Sailor Moon HD

Postby Silver_Star » 20 Dec 2012, 23:18

Thank you both, i have done that in fact. The player I use is windows media player, nothing fancy, the files are downloaded as MKV files to use them or even watch them i need to convert them but even the MKV files are saying they are 320

I do apologize for the tardiness of this reply, i forgot about this for a moment and its not like i get a notice tellin me there is a reply ^_^* lol

But i still have the MKV files of season one.

Do you have a file type suggestion I can convert the MKV files to that keep the correct size? Thank you for your help. And for the website ^_^

The types they have been currently converted to are WMV

------------MANY HOURS AFTERWARD------------------

OK I am an idiot T_T

I think I'm the one who screwed things up. I need to convert the files, as stated above, but when I converted them, using You Tube Downloader when choosing the conversion quality at the time i had picked "optimal" thinking obviously that was the best option, after re-downloading the first season of Sailor moon I converted the first episode into an AVI file (thing the file type is what did it) but when I noticed the Conversion Quality option of "Same as original" i choose that. After over 30 mins later to convert the one episode i checked the setting and BAM 640/480

At the moment Im doing the same but as a WMV file. Seems like its working. So now i have to download ALL of the seasons and films again and reconvert the files to get that better quality.

I really can not face palm hard enough about this...

Thank you both very much for the help I greatly appreciate it. I am so sorry for any issues I may have caused... ^_^*

But while I do have you ^_^* do you have Amis first love yet? no subtitles and why is it in Sailor Moon R movie the ending has the karaoke on it?? Do you have a version without the karaoke? Also why are seasons S and SuperS in nice little packs like the first, second and finale seasons?

Thank you again and again from the bottom of my heart thank you for this site <3
User avatar
Silver_Star
Star seed 星の種
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 01:37

Re: Sailor Moon HD

Postby ChibiBoi » 22 Dec 2012, 04:19

Silver_Star wrote:Thank you both, i have done that in fact. The player I use is windows media player, nothing fancy, the files are downloaded as MKV files to use them or even watch them i need to convert them but even the MKV files are saying they are 320

I do apologize for the tardiness of this reply, i forgot about this for a moment and its not like i get a notice tellin me there is a reply ^_^* lol

But i still have the MKV files of season one.

Do you have a file type suggestion I can convert the MKV files to that keep the correct size? Thank you for your help. And for the website ^_^

The types they have been currently converted to are WMV

------------MANY HOURS AFTERWARD------------------

OK I am an idiot T_T

I think I'm the one who screwed things up. I need to convert the files, as stated above, but when I converted them, using You Tube Downloader when choosing the conversion quality at the time i had picked "optimal" thinking obviously that was the best option, after re-downloading the first season of Sailor moon I converted the first episode into an AVI file (thing the file type is what did it) but when I noticed the Conversion Quality option of "Same as original" i choose that. After over 30 mins later to convert the one episode i checked the setting and BAM 640/480

At the moment Im doing the same but as a WMV file. Seems like its working. So now i have to download ALL of the seasons and films again and reconvert the files to get that better quality.

I really can not face palm hard enough about this...

Thank you both very much for the help I greatly appreciate it. I am so sorry for any issues I may have caused... ^_^*

But while I do have you ^_^* do you have Amis first love yet? no subtitles and why is it in Sailor Moon R movie the ending has the karaoke on it?? Do you have a version without the karaoke? Also why are seasons S and SuperS in nice little packs like the first, second and finale seasons?

Thank you again and again from the bottom of my heart thank you for this site <3

How come you're using Youtube Downloader? Are you getting SMC's episodes through YouTube? I suggest using a torrent and downloading the original releases (YouTube users tend to do whatever the heck they want to the encodes when they convert them and stuff). Also, why do you have to convert MKV to a different format? Why not just go to www.cccp-project.net and install the codec pack? That way you can just watch the MKV files, in the original quality as released by SMC, that seems way easier than all the trouble you're going through.

And yes, Ami's First Love has been released for about a year now I think. And There's no version of the Sailor Moon R movie without the karaoke except for the Region 1 DVDrip I think from us I think. And I'm not quite sure about your last question, I don't know what you mean by "nice little packets," sorry :-/
User avatar
ChibiBoi
Star seed 星の種
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Feb 2005, 17:54

Re: Sailor Moon HD

Postby Silver_Star » 22 Dec 2012, 13:07

ChibiBoi wrote:How come you're using Youtube Downloader? Are you getting SMC's episodes through YouTube? I suggest using a torrent and downloading the original releases (YouTube users tend to do whatever the heck they want to the encodes when they convert them and stuff). Also, why do you have to convert MKV to a different format? Why not just go to http://www.cccp-project.net and install the codec pack? That way you can just watch the MKV files, in the original quality as released by SMC, that seems way easier than all the trouble you're going through.

And yes, Ami's First Love has been released for about a year now I think. And There's no version of the Sailor Moon R movie without the karaoke except for the Region 1 DVDrip I think from us I think. And I'm not quite sure about your last question, I don't know what you mean by "nice little packets," sorry :-/


Because I like making AMVs with the clips and my editor cant use MKV file type. But thank you for the codec info.

By packets I mean you have the entire first season, second season and stars downloaded in one torrent but SuperS and S you have then cut up in like 5 episode per torrent. Make sense now?

Also sadly why are there i think 1 or 2 openings and endings missing or arent text-less. Why are those missing?

Also i tried to download your R1 clip of the ending of SMR Movie R1 the clip isnt available for download anymore T_T

looked for this:

SMC_Moon_Crystal_Power_[against Fiore]_R Movie_R2_-_KAKERU

found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzMC6jdIlkg
User avatar
Silver_Star
Star seed 星の種
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 01:37

Return to General help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forum permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron