Latest Sailor Moon Center news.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS (39/39) Specials (1/1)

Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS (39/39) Specials (1/1)

Postby white_moon_ » 20 Jan 2012, 01:42

Thank you so much for finishing this season!
white_moon_
Star seed 星の種
Jade Cat

Postby KAKERU » 21 Jan 2012, 03:35

Plume wrote:Hello and thank you for a wonderful job releasing this great series in good quality video and audio. You guys rock! All of you who worked on the project.

I hope I don't come off as an ungrateful brat, but I was wondering whether you plan on releasing a huge torrent with the entire collection of releases: all seasons, all episodes. I'm sure that I'm not alone in wishing for something like that :P

In any case, thanks for all your work and I can't wait to see what new projects you guys adopt now.

Hopefully after everything gets re-released but many people have problems when it comes to huge batches, especially those who have MACs)
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Postby NHK » 22 Jan 2012, 10:51

:lol: Thank you for wonderful releases and Happy Lunar New Year everyone^^. I can't wait for the Hi-10p releases:D
NHK
Non-Senshi 非戰士
Tuxedo Mask

Postby rebeday » 30 Jan 2012, 16:15

thank you for this wonderful release and all your hard work!
rebeday
Star seed 星の種

Postby arromdee » 03 Feb 2012, 00:27

If you are ever do rerelease everything with your own translation, what names are you going to use?

It's my opinion that Dies Gaudii's names are usually good, *except* in the case where a word is slightly different in English and in a foreign language and he insists on using the foreign version (such as Aluminum Seiren, where I would use Aluminum Siren).

(I used to maintain the Sailor Moon FAQ since before it aired on US television and I had to get as many name corrections as I could for it.)
arromdee
Star seed 星の種

Postby Hotaru » 04 Feb 2012, 08:26

She looks a Siren but the name is Seiren.

Seiren comes flying is the translation of the episode, it is just a Joke... with Sirens, please Sirens aren't Mermaids. Sirens are half bird girls and Mermaids half fish.

Then you ask me but she uses a attack called Galactica Tsunami, maybe it just a play with Crow's obvious bird trait. ;)
Hotaru
Senshi 戰士

Postby arromdee » 04 Feb 2012, 14:49

"Seiren" is Greek for "siren".

You can't say that one version is better than the other because she's not really a siren--both versions mean "siren", it's just that one is English and one is Greek. If one is inaccurate, they're both inaccurate.

My point is that if the name is a foreign (Greek) word that sounds similar to an English word that means the same thing, we may as well use the English word. Likewise for Cathedral, Chalice, Marzipan, etc.
arromdee
Star seed 星の種

Postby KAKERU » 06 Feb 2012, 10:20

It depends on what our translator decides to use. For the "chalice" she stuck with Holy Grail and added her notes on why she decided to translate it like that.
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Postby arromdee » 06 Feb 2012, 11:42

Using "holy grail" is about translating the concept, not the literal word, which would be like translating "mansion" as apartment. I'm not disagreeing with that.

I would say, however, that if you had chosen to translate it as "chalice" you should not feel obligated to use the French word (calice) instead of the English word (chalice).
arromdee
Star seed 星の種

Postby Hotaru » 06 Feb 2012, 14:51

to be honest i don't really got the point in arguing about translation.

first off, translation won't be never never and never a 100% thing, we have cultural meanings,words that can translated in a line of translation, jokes,the whole concept the passed in the people who wrote the story... endless and endless possibility...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untranslatability (i recommend check it)

i really would like the quality of the episodes and the now untouched just noise/interlace minimization.
Hotaru
Senshi 戰士

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements & releases