Latest Sailor Moon Center news.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S (38/38)

Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S (38/38)

Postby RO » 04 Aug 2011, 11:08

jessex1990 wrote:Please correct me if im wrong though RO

Nope, that was perfect.

To expand on it a bit, I would add that within each copy generation there's another scale that leans from accurate to blurry. That's why I added the decimal point.

Although I should say that this numbering system is just something that I made up on the spot to try and have a frame of reference to talk about quality. It's not official, and not something anyone really needs to use or remember.

Also, the highest quality version of something isn't always the most comfortable one to watch. For most of us, SMC's version is the highest quality+most comfortable version we'll ever see.
RO
Star seed 星の種

Postby jessex1990 » 04 Aug 2011, 19:22

**DOUBLE POST**
Last edited by jessex1990 on 06 Aug 2011, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby jessex1990 » 04 Aug 2011, 19:27

RO wrote:

Nope, that was perfect.

To expand on it a bit, I would add that within each copy generation there's another scale that leans from accurate to blurry. That's why I added the decimal point.

Although I should say that this numbering system is just something that I made up on the spot to try and have a frame of reference to talk about quality. It's not official, and not something anyone really needs to use or remember.

Also, the highest quality version of something isn't always the most comfortable one to watch. For most of us, SMC's version is the highest quality+most comfortable version we'll ever see.

It does the job of explaining it well though. Yea it would be very difficult to watch the original cells! lol. Was it originally made on film? Because if it was then we can hope for a brand new transfer in 1080p for bluray :) :) instead of a crappy digital upscale like a lot of the movies that are released now are.
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby smfandub » 04 Aug 2011, 22:05

jessex1990 wrote:
RO wrote:

Nope, that was perfect.

It does the job of explaining it well though. Yea it would be very difficult to watch the original cells! lol. Was it originally made on film? Because if it was then we can hope for a brand new transfer in 1080p for bluray :) :) instead of a crappy digital upscale like a lot of the movies that are released now are.

toei doesn't have the money they are worth just under a billion
smfandub
Non-Senshi 非戰士
fandubber :)

Postby jessex1990 » 04 Aug 2011, 23:09

smfandub wrote:
jessex1990 wrote:It does the job of explaining it well though. Yea it would be very difficult to watch the original cells! lol. Was it originally made on film? Because if it was then we can hope for a brand new transfer in 1080p for bluray :) :) instead of a crappy digital upscale like a lot of the movies that are released now are.

toei doesn't have the money they are worth just under a billion

Doesn't Toei make a lot of anime which US companies buy the rights to dub. They must be rolling in it. And anyways they have recently done remasters for Sailor Moon - the R2J DVDs they just released were true remasters. And if this global revival does well then they might just do it. Just don't do a clamp and charge something stupid like $600 for it.
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby sailorcrisp » 05 Aug 2011, 01:21

Oh I see! Thanks sooo much jessex1990 and RO! I liked the "copy of a copy of a copy" bit lol.
[img]http://www.sailormooncenter.net/forum/files/18720275744af3ca3854acc.jpg[/img]
sailorcrisp
Star seed 星の種
newbie senshi

Postby POKIWOKI » 06 Aug 2011, 20:22

will the S memorial be released too?
POKIWOKI
Star seed 星の種

Postby jessex1990 » 06 Aug 2011, 22:31

POKIWOKI wrote:will the S memorial be released too?

I seem to remember kakeru saying they do plan on doing all the memorials and all the hero vhs that were released, dont quote me on it though
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby Yamushi » 14 Jan 2012, 13:22

Not to nag or something... But when is the big batch (the complete season) released in one torrent?
Yamushi
Star seed 星の種
Dark Sailor Senshi

Postby papermario32 » 15 Jan 2012, 18:21

Will it have the laserdisk versions of the third season as well? :?:
papermario32
Non-Senshi 非戰士
moon

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements & releases