Newbies United! Introduce yourself if you have just joined the forum.

In the name of ..., I will punish you!

In the name of ..., I will punish you!

Postby zencompulse » 05 Aug 2012, 22:08

Hello everyone.

I'm not much of a forum person, but things seem very quiet around here. I'm very grateful for the work Sailor Moon Center does, so I'd thought I should join the community.

Probably like many American fans, I first saw Sailor Moon on television. Just right before going to class when I was in grade school. I remember watching it in the mornings and promptly turning it off as the following Highlander aired.

The first subbed anime I ever watched was Sailormoon in middle school. I watched all 200 episodes and came to realize or believe that non-adapted versions were superior.

When I came to college and took my first Japanese class, I was able to decide on my major. So, it's kinda funny how Sailormoon helped shaped what I would pursue.

Another reason why I joined is because I imagine there will be a new wave and return of Sailormoon fans. I'm looking forward to it.

zencompulse

And yes, as a perfectionist and student of Japanese I must write Sailormoon as one word, as it appears officially romanized in Japanese media. I'm very interested in technical information in Sailormoon, such as names and spelling and formatting.

(PS. Hi! KAKERU)
zencompulse
Star seed 星の種

Re: In the name of ..., I will punish you!

Postby KAKERU » 06 Aug 2012, 14:41

zencompulse wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm not much of a forum person, but things seem very quiet around here. I'm very grateful for the work Sailor Moon Center does, so I'd thought I should join the community.

Probably like many American fans, I first saw Sailor Moon on television. Just right before going to class when I was in grade school. I remember watching it in the mornings and promptly turning it off as the following Highlander aired.

The first subbed anime I ever watched was Sailormoon in middle school. I watched all 200 episodes and came to realize or believe that non-adapted versions were superior.

When I came to college and took my first Japanese class, I was able to decide on my major. So, it's kinda funny how Sailormoon helped shaped what I would pursue.

Another reason why I joined is because I imagine there will be a new wave and return of Sailormoon fans. I'm looking forward to it.

zencompulse

And yes, as a perfectionist and student of Japanese I must write Sailormoon as one word, as it appears officially romanized in Japanese media. I'm very interested in technical information in Sailormoon, such as names and spelling and formatting.

(PS. Hi! KAKERU)

Welcome zencompulse, and enjoy your stay!

Yeah... Things have been quiet for quite some time now. And it's true that most American fans first saw Sailor Moon on television right before going to class in grade school, I know that's how it was for me! ;) Everyone is expecting this new Sailor Moon anime to be something big, but all we can do for now is wait. Not much has been said about it. Hope you stick around here and hopefully things get better here :)
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Re: In the name of ..., I will punish you!

Postby Konton no Tenshi » 30 Jan 2013, 13:23

zencompulse wrote:And yes, as a perfectionist and student of Japanese I must write Sailormoon as one word, as it appears officially romanized in Japanese media. I'm very interested in technical information in Sailormoon, such as names and spelling and formatting.

*Suddenly ye hear a voice speaking from nowhere*

As a matter of fact, technically both romanisations are, for lack of a better word, "correct", for both had in fact appeared in official sources. And it is not uncommon for Japanese to be inconsistent in their romanisations or even totally messing them up. :roll:

Ye're probably well aware of these things, but as a perfectionist myself and fellow Japanese major, I couldn't resist the urge to point it out. :mrgreen:

zencompulse wrote:So, it's kinda funny how Sailormoon helped shaped what I would pursue.

Not unlike in my case, since BSSM (and anime in general) pointed me toward the right direction. ^^

And, of course, welcome to the forum. ^.~
渾沌の海に揺蕩ひし金色なりし闇の王
Konton no Tenshi
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
金色なりし闇の王

Return to Introduce yourself!