Playback issues, codecs, video players &c.

Encoding Software

Encoding Software

Postby AwakeningSunshine » 17 Sep 2011, 09:54

I thought I'd just post a topic with my recommendation for a re-encoding software. I use a software called "Freemake Video Converter." It has a really simple interface, so it's perfect for beginners. It also works for downloading vids from places like YouTube. It's free, and all you have to do to re-encode a video from SMC.

Instructions

1. Open the program and click the button that says "+video."

2. Select which episode(s) you want to re-encode and double click on them to add them to the queue

3. Select whether you want the subs to be in the re-encoded file (you don't need to extract the .ass files)

4. Click which format you want it to be in at the bottom of the window

5. Wait for it to finish
♂ + ♀
♂ + ♂
♀ + ♀
Love is love
Peace and love, y'allz
AwakeningSunshine
Senshi 戰士
Fangirl

Re: Encoding Software

Postby jessex1990 » 17 Sep 2011, 18:13

[quote="AwakeningSunshine"]I thought I'd just post a topic with my recommendation for a re-encoding software. I use a software called "Freemake Video Converter." It has a really simple interface, so it's perfect for beginners. It also works for downloading vids from places like YouTube. It's free, and all you have to do to re-encode a video from SMC.

Instructions

2. Select which episode(s) you want to re-encode and double click on them to add them to the queue

3. Select whether you want the subs to be in the re-encoded file (you don't need to extract the .ass files)

5. Wait for it to finish

Staxrip produces REALLY good results no visible loss of quality even on a 50inch screen (but is a bit more complicated)
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby AwakeningSunshine » 17 Sep 2011, 18:35

[quote="jessex1990"]
Staxrip produces REALLY good results no visible loss of quality even on a 50inch screen (but is a bit more complicated)

Freemake doesn't give any visible loss of quality either and it's really simple plus most other encoding softwares I've tried have ended up making my computer freeze up when I opened them
♂ + ♀
♂ + ♂
♀ + ♀
Love is love
Peace and love, y'allz
AwakeningSunshine
Senshi 戰士
Fangirl

Postby MoonCake » 18 Mar 2012, 12:18

[quote="AwakeningSunshine"]I thought I'd just post a topic with my recommendation for a re-encoding software. I use a software called "Freemake Video Converter." It has a really simple interface, so it's perfect for beginners. It also works for downloading vids from places like YouTube. It's free, and all you have to do to re-encode a video from SMC.

Instructions

5. Wait for it to finish
Hi when i try to add subtitles to my mkv anime's and turn them into avi files, i have a very strange problem when 2 people speak at the same time...
Heres a picture: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1830/proble.png
Any help?

I tried staxrip but it was way too confusing for me it kept coming up with error after error after error ;(
MoonCake
Star seed 星の種
Moonie

Postby AwakeningSunshine » 22 Mar 2012, 17:58

[quote="MoonCake"][quote="AwakeningSunshine"]I thought I'd just post a topic with my recommendation for a re-encoding software. I use a software called "Freemake Video Converter." It has a really simple interface, so it's perfect for beginners. It also works for downloading vids from places like YouTube. It's free, and all you have to do to re-encode a video from SMC.

Instructions

5. Wait for it to finish
Hi when i try to add subtitles to my mkv anime's and turn them into avi files, i have a very strange problem when 2 people speak at the same time...
Any help?

I tried staxrip but it was way too confusing for me it kept coming up with error after error after error ;(

Well, I've never had that problem, but I'm not sure I've ever used the feature of adding subs. Sorry I can't really help you
♂ + ♀
♂ + ♂
♀ + ♀
Love is love
Peace and love, y'allz
AwakeningSunshine
Senshi 戰士
Fangirl

Postby MoonCake » 31 Mar 2012, 10:47

[quote="AwakeningSunshine"][quote="MoonCake"][quote="AwakeningSunshine"]I thought I'd just post a topic with my recommendation for a re-encoding software. I use a software called "Freemake Video Converter." It has a really simple interface, so it's perfect for beginners. It also works for downloading vids from places like YouTube. It's free, and all you have to do to re-encode a video from SMC.

Instructions

5. Wait for it to finish
Any help?

Well, I've never had that problem, but I'm not sure I've ever used the feature of adding subs. Sorry I can't really help you

its ok i have loooked but i cant find a way to get away from this problem, it is really annnoying since im not very good at encoding i cant watch sailor moon on my tv :(
MoonCake
Star seed 星の種
Moonie

Postby KAKERU » 02 Apr 2012, 13:50

@Mooncake: Just connect your computer to your TV. It'll save you the hassle of encoding, etc.
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Postby MoonCake » 07 Apr 2012, 14:53

[quote="KAKERU"]@Mooncake: Just connect your computer to your TV. It'll save you the hassle of encoding, etc.
lol why did i never think of this idea... i am so stupid. With my dad working in IT i thought he would've known about codecs but when it comes to video all the different formats confuse him, i am not fussed about having it on dvd so this will work great for me, thankyou so much!
MoonCake
Star seed 星の種
Moonie

Postby KAKERU » 11 Apr 2012, 22:37

[quote="MoonCake"][quote="KAKERU"]@Mooncake: Just connect your computer to your TV. It'll save you the hassle of encoding, etc.
lol why did i never think of this idea... i am so stupid. With my dad working in IT i thought he would've known about codecs but when it comes to video all the different formats confuse him, i am not fussed about having it on dvd so this will work great for me, thankyou so much!

Yeah, watching it this way is so much better. Converting to DVDs will result in quality loss(more than what it already lost) and probably add artifacts in your video.
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Return to General help