Discussions dedicated to Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon [jap. 美少女戦士セーラームーン Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn].

What is your favorite season of Sailor Moon?

Classic
24%
R
29%
Super
33%
SuperS
5%
Stars
10%

Total votes : 21

What is your favorite season of Sailor Moon and why?

Re: What is your favorite season of Sailor Moon and why?

Postby papermario32 » 30 Jun 2011, 09:36

My favorite season is Sailor Moon S because it's one of the saddest seasons out of all and when I was young it was the first season I watched though I partially watched it since I forgot to watch the rest of the episodes. The other seasons are good as well, but I wished the fifth season was dubbed in English. :cry:
papermario32
Non-Senshi 非戰士
moon

Postby HaiImHolly » 27 Jul 2011, 03:37

Stars, mainly because I fell in love with Seiya's character.
HaiImHolly
Star seed 星の種

Postby AwakeningSunshine » 27 Jul 2011, 13:46

I like all seasons pretty much. I've also read the entire manga series and I feel the same way. However, the Sailor Stars anime dissappointed me because it varied so much from the manga that they became two different series
♂ + ♀
♂ + ♂
♀ + ♀
Love is love
Peace and love, y'allz
AwakeningSunshine
Senshi 戰士
Fangirl

Postby kingnick » 04 Dec 2011, 09:10

Classic purely for nostalgia reasons, it was the first anime I frequently watched on TV and initially got into it because my sisters liked it.

School used to start at 9AM while Sailor Moon was on at 7:30AM then my local network decided to change its airing time to 8PM which was a pain as I'd sometimes have to miss episodes.
kingnick
Star seed 星の種

Postby Pococurante » 19 Dec 2011, 01:04

Critically, I can recognize that S was the best season. It's well written, it's intense, the storyline never lags or gets boring, and it has plenty of "wow that was awesome" moments.

But my favorite season was Sailor Moon R. The first episode was so perfect, Usagi regaining her memories but being so painfully sad about it, what a touching moment. The Doom Tree Arc was just OK, but the Black Moon storyline... everything just clicked for me. It's really more of Chibiusa's storyline than anyone else's, she goes from a questionable brat to a lovable kid who needs help, and the time travel mixed into the storyline just makes it unique and interesting. Not that time travel is new, but going back and finding your future parents to help you is.

Also, I LOOOOVE the ending scene so much. Chibiusa's big adventure is finally over, she returns home to her parents and does that little curtsy... it's just perfect. The S season ending was awesome, but R's was completely perfect in my eyes.

As for the other seasons... the first one- in all honesty... I'm super nostalgic about it, but the season started slooooow and had a handful of bland episodes. After the first 20 it was pure awesomeness, but for me it's clearly the 3rd best season... and might not even be that, except that the ending made everything so amazingly worth it. BTW I recently rewatched this season, I forgot just how great of a character Naru is. Really wish she could have done more instead of having her role diminished.

SuperS- I know some people hate it, even some real Sailor Moon addicts avoid it... but I did enjoy every minute of it. Yeah it's the worst overall season, but it's still really good! SuperS reminds me of candy... it certainly isn't as good as a full meal if you're hungry, but it has its place.

Stars- Loved how it continued the SuperS story, loved the last 7-8 episodes... the rest was just "good". I'm not the biggest fan of the Starlights, especially the silly gender-switching anime invention. IMO it would have worked a lot better if there was only Seiya, maybe.
Pococurante
Moon Kingdom 月の王國

Postby Pococurante » 19 Dec 2011, 01:15

[quote="DeadMoonCircusOtaku"][color=#000080]
~SuperS: I loved this season too. So sue me. I realize that 95% of the fandom hates this series with a passion because it revolves so heavily around Chibi-Usa. [/color]

I never understood the Chibiusa hate in Western countries... I can only assume the terrible DIC dub was the cause of most of it, by giving her a terrible voice and rewriting her dialogue to make her really annoying and less intelligent too.

Chibiusa is a great character, maybe my 3rd favorite one... but I can recognize that SuperS wasn't as good. It wasn't Chibiusa's fault though, it was just a less involved storyline. People unfairly blamed Chibiusa when it was just a slower-moving story.

[quote="HaiImHolly"]Stars, mainly because I fell in love with Seiya's character.

I don't love the Starlights so much, but Seiya was such an amazing character. So many great moments... from flirting with Michiru, fighting with Haruka, making Usagi uncomfortable... she would have been a great character even if she wasn't a sailor soldier.
Pococurante
Moon Kingdom 月の王國

Postby zencompulse » 13 Aug 2012, 11:47

T-T I don't like Chibiusa. Sure kids can be brats, but I lose my patience with her. X_X

I think I could say Super is my favorite. Neptune and Uranus were so haughty and elegant. The Holy Grail is shiny too. When Super is remade, I would really enjoy having more distribution among Witches 5 (Eudial and Mimete comprise a large bulk) and definitely more scenes with Saturn! She needs a standard transformation animation!
zencompulse
Star seed 星の種

Postby marluxia8 » 09 Oct 2012, 16:17

Had to be R. Venus Minako's Nurse Mayhem/No Thank's Nurse Venus is my favorite episode. Poor Rei.

English line:With friends like her, who needs Emerald?
Jap Line:If she's doing this on purpose she's more wicked than Esmeraude.
marluxia8
Star seed 星の種
keyblade master

Postby Sailor Mars Fanatic » 01 Sep 2014, 13:11

I'm only familiar with the Dic dub of Classic and R. I love them both but I love R even better. The Wiseman is an excellent villain and the whole Dark Moon Family story is my favourite out of the Dic trilogy, counting the Classic season and the Doomtree arc as the first and second parts.
Sailor Mars Fanatic
Star seed 星の種

Previous

Return to Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon