Discussions dedicated to other manga & anime series.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (semi-spoilers)

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (semi-spoilers)

Postby Pococurante » 02 Feb 2012, 18:10

I just came across this movie, and wow... I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. Much like when I first watched Spirited Away or the last few episodes of Sailor Moon S or Kimagure Orange Road, I had the feeling of "this is truly something great... this is something I'm going to watch over and over again eventually, this could be one of the classics".

It's got such a unique way of telling a story like this. Sure, time-travelling and getting the chance to re-do events in your life has been done before plenty of times, but never in a way quite like this. It's just such an unbelievably well made movie...

Until the ending. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this, where a writer can be so talented to create something so interesting, and then just have nothing left for the ending. I found myself wanting to go "no, no no no no, you need to have the characters do THIS, here just let me write it", or something. It'll never happen, but I'd love it so much if this got a treatment like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie, where it's remade in a slightly different way.

If anyone else here has seen it I'd love to hear your thoughts... I've been intentionally vague here because I don't want to go all out with spoilers if someone hasn't seen it. I'd still recommend it to anyone, this first 3/4 of it is something you should absolutely see... it just could have been so much more, if it had the perfect ending.
Pococurante
Moon Kingdom 月の王國

Re: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (semi-spoilers)

Postby PixieSlide » 02 Jan 2014, 03:37

[color=#0080FF]hey! I've recently watched it after seeing 5cm per Second. I would say that The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was a good movie with some unexpected twists. I would def recommend it for those who haven't seen it. :D[/color]
PixieSlide
Star seed 星の種

Return to Other manga & anime series