Source: DVD R2 (Remastered)
Subtitles: Edited English Softsubs + Translator Notes
Released by: Sailor Moon Center
AniDB: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=2538
[/color]

[color=#4080BF]*********************************************************
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Moon S
Japanese Kanji: 美少女戦士セーラームーンS
Video: H264 (640x480) 4:3 Hi10P (10-bit) Mastroka (.mkv)
Audio: AC3 2.0 192kbps Japanese Stereo (Remastered)
Audio: AC3 2.0 192kbps English Stereo (Remastered)
Source: DVD R1
Subtitles: DVD Subtitles
Released by: Sailor Moon Center
AniDB: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=2538

+ Version 2 - Final Version
[/color]

R1 DVD Version(North America): [url=http://www.sailormooncenter.net/tracker/download.php?id=1ff3c7c94862141fc33941ce0abc12509cfeb607&f=%5BSMC%5D%20Sailor%20Moon%20S%2090-127%20%28R1%20DVD%29.torrent]Sailor Moon S 90-127[/url]
錬金術師
Alchemist
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
OWNER

Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S (33/38)

Postby Alchemist » 11 Jul 2011, 05:27

The last batch is very close. It's just a matter of 1-2 days :)
錬金術師
Alchemist
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
OWNER

Postby cutieismylife » 11 Jul 2011, 19:19

Happy to hear it! I'm so anxious to see the climax.

I was recently reading a few articles about names/entymology and it was really interesting... for example, the names of the Witches 5 are all named after minerals.

http://www.genvid.com/diesgaudii/minera ... index.html

and also ALL of the Monsters of the Day
http://www.genvid.com/diesgaudii/pdf/monster.pdf
cutieismylife
Non-Senshi 非戰士

Postby DeadMoonCircusOtaku » 11 Jul 2011, 23:00

Actually, a good deal of the villains from seasons 1-5 nearly all had their names based in some form of mineral or other.

The Dark Kingdom's Queen Metaria (or Metallia), Queen Beryl, Jadeite, Zoicite, Nephrite, Kunzite were all named after minerals. (Metaria = possibly metal, of course. Beryl = Beryl, Jadeite = Jade, Nephrite = Another form of Jade, Zoicite = Zoicite, Kunzite = Kunzite.)

Then of course we have Black Moon's Koan, Berthier, Calaveras, Petz, Rubeus, Demand, Saphir, Esmeraude. (Prince Demand = Oddly enough, various etymology websites I visit imply that Demand DOESN'T have any mineral affiliation, which is really weird, considering the fact that his entire outfit is studded in DIAMONDS.)

(Koan = Kermesite, Berthier = Berthierite, Calaveras = Calaverite, Petz = Petzite, Saphir, Rubeus, and Esmeraude are all fairly obvious; Sapphire, Emerald and Ruby.)

The Witches 5, Eudial, Mimete, Tellu (or Telulu), Viluy, Cyprine & Ptilol were all named after minerals. (Eudial was named after Eudialyte, Mimete = Mimetite, Tellu = Tellurite, Viluy = Viluite, Cyprine = Cyprine, Ptilol = Ptilolite/Mordanite)

Dead Moon's Tiger's Eye, Fish's Eye, Hawk's Eye, Zirconia, and her buddy, Zircon were all named after minerals, in much the same fashion. Again, fairly obvious, I won't go through it. (The Amazoness Quartet (Amazones Quartetto) were all named after comets...nowadays planetoids or dwarf planets)

And with the Sailor Animates from the final season, Sailor Stars, again, it's fairly obvious where the names deviate from: Iron, Aluminum, Lead (NOT Red, as so many people are fond of), Tin, and Metal (Sailor Heavy Metal Papillion, manga-only).

~Dead Moon
[color=#8000BF]"I'm so proud to have been born one of the Seven Stars of Suzaku..."[/color] ~ Nuriko (Fushigi Yugi, Ep. 33)
DeadMoonCircusOtaku
Star seed 星の種
The Seventh Star of Suzaku

Postby jessex1990 » 12 Jul 2011, 01:54

[quote="DeadMoonCircusOtaku"]Actually, a good deal of the villains from seasons 1-5 nearly all had their names based in some form of mineral or other.

The Dark Kingdom's Queen Metaria (or Metallia), Queen Beryl, Jadeite, Zoicite, Nephrite, Kunzite were all named after minerals. (Metaria = possibly metal, of course. Beryl = Beryl, Jadeite = Jade, Nephrite = Another form of Jade, Zoicite = Zoicite, Kunzite = Kunzite.)

Then of course we have Black Moon's Koan, Berthier, Calaveras, Petz, Rubeus, Demand, Saphir, Esmeraude. (Prince Demand = Oddly enough, various etymology websites I visit imply that Demand DOESN'T have any mineral affiliation, which is really weird, considering the fact that his entire outfit is studded in DIAMONDS.)

(Koan = Kermesite, Berthier = Berthierite, Calaveras = Calaverite, Petz = Petzite, Saphir, Rubeus, and Esmeraude are all fairly obvious; Sapphire, Emerald and Ruby.)

The Witches 5, Eudial, Mimete, Tellu (or Telulu), Viluy, Cyprine & Ptilol were all named after minerals. (Eudial was named after Eudialyte, Mimete = Mimetite, Tellu = Tellurite, Viluy = Viluite, Cyprine = Cyprine, Ptilol = Ptilolite/Mordanite)

Dead Moon's Tiger's Eye, Fish's Eye, Hawk's Eye, Zirconia, and her buddy, Zircon were all named after minerals, in much the same fashion. Again, fairly obvious, I won't go through it. (The Amazoness Quartet (Amazones Quartetto) were all named after comets...nowadays planetoids or dwarf planets)

And with the Sailor Animates from the final season, Sailor Stars, again, it's fairly obvious where the names deviate from: Iron, Aluminum, Lead (NOT Red, as so many people are fond of), Tin, and Metal (Sailor Heavy Metal Papillion, manga-only).

~Dead Moon

I heard that Demand's name was German or something for Diamond. might not be correct though
jessex1990
Super Senshi 超戰士

Postby cutieismylife » 12 Jul 2011, 06:50

That's super interesting, I love all of the etymologies. :)
cutieismylife
Non-Senshi 非戰士

Postby Alchemist » 15 Jul 2011, 00:37

[quote="cutieismylife"]Happy to hear it! I'm so anxious to see the climax.

If Kakeru has a day off tomorrow, we should be ready for the release in 95% :P
錬金術師
Alchemist
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
OWNER

Postby cutieismylife » 15 Jul 2011, 02:55

[quote="Alchemist"]If Kakeru has a day off tomorrow, we should be ready for the release in 95% :P

yayy!! that's wonderful news!
cutieismylife
Non-Senshi 非戰士

Postby POKIWOKI » 15 Jul 2011, 20:20

Yaaay
I'm really excited to watch the climax of the season :D
POKIWOKI
Star seed 星の種

Postby KAKERU » 16 Jul 2011, 19:47

I am behind schedule due to work again, sorry that I have been inactive for a month now.
KAKERU
Galaxy Cauldron 銀河の大釜
Master Of Encoding

Next

Return to Announcements & releases